Wednesday, November 02, 2005

excerpt #3 - short story by AlekSandra

"Dark and brooding sky shifted between evanescent tones of black and blue. It was a morning where people woke up trying to determine the time of day. A group of people crossed the street, noisily arguing about the green house effect. And for some inexplicable reason, everything seemed special, although it was an ordinary day in March. The dreamy effect glided smoothly through the city, coloring everything with shades of blue. The only intruder to this darkness was a dress, dark pink but almost red. The simplicity of Lena’s expression of serenity completed her innocent appearance. Her deep eyes were the only outward sign of her perceptive intelligence.

“I couldn’t face you,” remarked the tall boy who stood near her. One hand fidgeted the brown hair that covered the top of his ears. Whenever a voice came out of his lips, the vivid but now sad look was directed to the sidewalk.

“Don’t you see…. it doesn’t matter,” Lena replied with a gentle voice. A long silence seemed even too much to ask for. “I do remember the first time we met, although it seems so distant,” she added.

“Life is not as I thought it would be. My perplexed feelings seem to block the way,” he said in a coldly absent tone.

“In what way?”

“The one that chose me, but didn’t ask me even once. Can I say sorry to my life?”

“No, there is a great difference between the importance of your existence and what you want to be,” Lena disagreed.

“It takes centuries for people to realize the unimportance of their existence; in my case it took quite a short time.”

“I’d rather say it is better to leave everything so everyone remembers just the best of you. I hate letting people down." .....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home